About the Cleveland Chapter
The National Coalition of 100 Black Women Inc. Greater Cleveland Chapter was founded October 3, 1990 with Margaret R. Barron as the chartering president.
NC100BWGC is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization that advocates on behalf of woman and children of color in the areas of health, education, economic empowerment, strategic alliances and civic engagement.
In accordance with the organization’s overarching mission the Greater Cleveland Chapter implements programs that:
- Provide an effective network among African-American Women and other women of color,
- Establish links between the Greater Cleveland Chapter and the corporate and political sectors,
- Enable African-American women and other women of color to be a visible force in the socioeconomic arena,
- Meet the career needs of these women and facilitate their access to mainstream America,
- Use the tools of role modeling and mentoring to provide meaningful guidance to young women, and
- Recognize the historic achievements of African-American women and other women of color.
Leadership & Members
The members of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women Inc. Greater Cleveland Chapter represent a very diverse cross-section of professions and fields of endeavor. These women bring numerous skills, resources and talents to the efforts to carry out the vision, mission and goals of the organization. Past Presidents include: Margaret R. Barron, Donna Moore-Ramsey, Ph.D., Barbara A. Williams, and Patricia Turner Cunningham. The current president is Elizabeth A. Jones.
2015 – 2017 Officers
President – Elizabeth A. Jones, MBA
1st Vice President – Marian B. Wallace, Ed. S
2nd Vice President Fund Development – Deborah A. Hill
3rd Vice President – Vikki Pruitte-Sorrells
Recording Secretary – Andrea P. Porter
Treasurer – Sherdina H. Williams
Financial Secretary – Lovie D. Jones
Sergeant at Arms – M. Sandra Truett
Chaplin – Barbara Bradley Blamo, Ph.D
Parliamentarian – Lillian Sherrod
Historian – Donna Moore-Ramsey, Ph.D
Current member listing as of February 2016
Yvonne Saunders Arrington
Margaret R. Barron*^
Marcella Boyd Cox
Barbara Bradley Blamo, Ph.D.
Denine A. Goolsby
Deborah A. Hill*
Doris Hunt, J.D
Elizabeth A. Jones
Lovie D. Jones
Margaret Ismaila Mitchell, Ph.D.
Andrea P. Porter
Donna Moore Ramsey, Ph.D.*
Lillian M. Sherrod
M. Sandra Truett*
Meredith M. Turner
Marian B. Wallace, Ed. S
Sherdina H. Williams